Osbournes Pay Off $1.7 Million Tax Debt

Posted in Monday, April 18, 2011

Just days after their tax woes went public, Ozzy Osbourne and wife Sharon have paid off their $1.7 million debt to the IRS.

As previously reported by GossipCenter, a lien was filed on one of the couple's Los Angeles homes last week (April 4).

Speaking out about the matter, Sharon announced earlier today (April 14) that a payment has been made - although she's still quite confused over the whole ordeal, telling press, “At 4:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon I received a phone call from my publicist who had a reporter on the other line informing her that the IRS had just put a lien on one of our properties."

The "America's Got Talent" star continued, "I then contacted my accountant who said they knew nothing about any lien. The lien has been paid. I do intend to find out how this lien happened without the knowledge of myself or my accountants. I hope none of this reflects negatively on mine and Ozzy’s moral character.”

More: